Excel Academy will provide a flexible, personalized learning experience where teachers and parents collaborate to provide academic excellence and social and emotional foundations to instill a love for learning in each individual student.
Life is what you create….at Excel Academy we bring students to LIFE through:
LEARNING: At Excel Academy students progress in knowledge, ability and social/emotional foundations. Curriculum and staff will provide a personalized learning plan inherent to the uniqueness of every student and learning situation. Excel Academy pursues a learning environment where every student will be challenged by, enjoy, and help direct their own education.
INDEPENDENCE: Excel Academy believes one of the key elements of an optimal education is to prepare each student for real-life complexities and independent learning. Excel Academy’s curriculum options not only align to California’s academic content standards but offer alternative and supplemental learning resources that place the student in a climate where curiosity and exploration are rewarded.
FLEXIBILITY: Flexible pacing enables each Excel Academy student, under the guidance of the teacher of record, to target individual needs without the demands of a classroom. By developing an awareness of their own unique learning style and advancement in their communication abilities, students and families will be enabled to discover their greatest areas of need and direct their efforts accordingly.
EMPOWERMENT: Excel Academy strives to empower students to take ownership of their education and develop not only the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities, but also the confidence, creativity, and discipline to help them adapt to challenges and opportunities.
Schoolwide Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes are statements about what all students should know, understand and be able to do by the time they graduate. To meet the demands of the 21st century, Excel Academy graduates will be:
Self-directed, Critical Thinkers who...
- Produce quality work through multiple modalities
- Organize and manage time efficiently
- Demonstrate competency in active listening, reading, speaking and writing
- Devise solutions in academic and real-world situations using higher-order thinking skills
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge across disciplines
- Reflect on and analyze learning experiences
Resourceful, Lifelong Learners who...
- Communicate effectively
- Utilize personalization and a growth mindset to pursue individual passions and interests
- Solve problems independently and collaboratively
- Create and pursue personal, academic, and professional goals
- Express ideas and information confidently and creatively
- Employ technology to complement their knowledge
Respectful, Responsible Citizens who...
- Demonstrate college and career readiness upon high school graduation
- Possess personal integrity and take responsibility for decisions and actions
- Model respect for diverse cultures
- Contribute as leaders within their community
- Display a commitment to service
- Develop a sense of personal accountability and dedication